🏋️♀️ Status: just got started
When it's warm outside I'd like to take a swim. I'm near a river, which is cut off from the main route of inland vessels. It's a perfect location, free for anyone to use.
My government does provide information about outside swimming water (publicly), like the temperature. But none of the sensors are close or in specifically the river I want to swim in. They are too far away connected big waters, which does not reflect the actual temperature nor other data I would like to see.
I started looking for existing projects. The most interesting one I found is Open Source Ocean Weather Buoy. But I didn't find anything finished or useable in my case. So let's build something.
🦉 Requirements v0.1
- Temperature measured continuously (interval)
- Overview per day (historically) and at time of viewing (Prometheus + Grafana)
- Possibly extend that with other data like pH and TDS
- A buoy that is watertight and can hold electronics
- A self-sufficient system for power and data
🦄 Nice to have (someday) v1+
- Wind speed
- Risk analysis of blue-green algae